Uploaded on Nov 13, 2009
Prayer of Saint Francis sung by Sarah McLachlan with lyrics and various photos.
A Prayer On Awakening:
“God please direct my thinking and keep my thoughts divorced from self – pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Please keep my thought life clear from wrong motives and help me employ my mental faculties, that my thought-life might be placed on a higher plane, the plane of inspiration.” (86:2)
“God, should I find myself agitated, doubtful or indecisive today, please give me inspiration, help me to have an intuitive thought or a decision about this problem I face. Help me not to struggle, instead, help me to relax and take it easy. Help me know what I should do and keep me mindful, that you are running the show. Free me from my bondage of self. Thy will be done always.” (86:3)
A Morning Prayer:
“God, please show me all through this day, what my next step is to be and please grace me with whatever I need to take care of the problems in my life today. I ask especially that you free me from the bondage of self-will.”(87:1)
An 11Th Step Nightly Review Prayer:
“God, help me to constructively review my day. Where was I resentful, selfish, dishonest or afraid? Do I owe an apology? Have I kept something to myself which should be discussed with another person at once? Was I kind and loving toward all? What could I have done better? Was I thinking of myself most of the time? Or was I thinking of what I could do for others, of what I could pack into the stream of life? Please forgive me for my harms and wrongs today and let me know corrective measures I should be take.” (86:2)
Reflection on prayer:
* Matt 7:12 ‘So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets’
* Do I allow God to use me as an instrument of His peace?
* Are there classes of people or a particular person for which I need to sow love instead of hatred?
* Do I have someone I need to forgive that I feel has wronged me?
* Am I like St. Thomas, doubting what I believe until I have proof? Or do I have faith to believe although I don’t understand?
* Do I despair over the trials in my life? Or do I focus more on the hope beyond the trials?
* Where there are situations of darkness or sadness do I help to shine Christ‘s light or bring joy?
* Am I more concerned about expressing my troubles to others than helping console someone with theirs?
* When I feel misunderstood, do I try harder to convince someone of my position or do I try to understand their position more?
* Do I seek for love and attention for myself before I give love and attention to others…especially my relatives, spouse, kids and friends?
* Am I more concerned about what I receive than what I give? In having someone tell me they are sorry before I tell them I am?
* Remembering the example of Christ, am I willing to die to myself by allowing God to use me as an instrument of His peace to be born to Eternal Life?