We continue to “carry the message” of recovery to the still suffering alcoholics. This is our way of showing our gratitude and giving back for what we were so freely given.
We cannot transmit something that we do not have.
We must obtain a sponsor and work the twelve steps to stay sober and gain serenity.
We will see how our experiences can help others to recover from a seemingly hopeless state of mind. Us working with others helps keep us sober and reminds us of where we came from, so that we never forget and don’t have to repeat our same mistakes.
The twelve steps gives us a plan for living. We learn to live “life on life’s terms”. We share how we were, where we are now, and how we got there. We call it our “experience, our strength, and our hope”.
Service Material from the General Service Office
THE TWELVE STEPS OF ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature
of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make
amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do
so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with
God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us
and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to
carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our
Copyright A.A. World Services, Inc.
- Step 9~Made Direct Amends To Such People Wherever Possible, Except When To Do So Would Injure Them Or Others (sallytudor.wordpress.com)
- Step 10~Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it (sallytudor.wordpress.com)
- Spirituality & The Ninth Step (sallytudor.wordpress.com)
- Spirituality & The Seventh Step (sallytudor.wordpress.com)