This song has been running through my head, over and over. God is reminding me that “I am an Overcomer”. I am a Survivor. It reminds me not to give up hope! I heard it on KSBJ a few months ago, and I have been singing it ever since.
It is appropriate for the things that I have been going through for the last year and a half. My mother passed away, no job, no money, can’t pay taxes on house, and then a girl texting on her cellular phone wrecked our truck, our one and only automobile. And…my husband has been real ill, and I cannot afford to repair our home like I need to with no money and no job. It has been one thing after another. Sometimes I wonder if God is testing me. I cannot do anymore than I am doing. I worked my butt off all summer long trying to clean up mother’s yard. I am not as young as I used to be, and I am overloaded being the full time caretaker for my husband. All I can do is pray. I cannot give up hope that soon I will get a job and have some income to take care of my family.
- American Idol’s Mandisa talks 120-lb weight loss and Zumba with Katie Couric (examiner.com)
- Mandisa’s Overcomer (minibigmoments.wordpress.com)
- Overcome (theidolbabbler.wordpress.com)
- Overcomer (agodfashionedlife.com)
- Overcomer (preachthatword.wordpress.com)